Read instructions on how to applyExpress Interest
Register your interest here for more information or to be notified when applications are open.
The Graduate Certificate in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion is a one-year, part-time programme (33 credits). The Graduate Diploma in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion is a two-year, part-time programme (63 credits). Both programmes are delivered online.
When applying, applicants must specify whether they wish to apply for a place on the Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma.
The Graduate Certificate/Diploma in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion is designed for learners who wish to develop an interdisciplinary understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion and to explore strategies for change. The programmes provide learners with the knowledge and understanding needed to deal effectively with issues of equality, diversity and inclusion at all levels of Irish society, the community and the workplace. Learners draw on academic literature and practical case studies to identify and address challenges in their personal and professional environment and are provided with the competence to become leaders in this area in order to contribute to the development of socially inclusive spaces in the community and workplace.
The programmes are delivered by lecturers from across the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Limerick. This allows learners to engage in interdisciplinary, research-led teaching with experts in diverse fields including law, linguistics, sociology and public administration.
Year 1: Autumn Semester
Year 1: Spring Semester
Learners enrolled on the Graduate Certificate graduate after Year 1: Spring Semester
Learners enrolled on the Graduate Diploma proceed to Year 2: Autumn Semester
Year 2: Autumn Semester
Year 2: Spring Semester
LA6023 Law and Justice
PA5021 Collaborative Governance and Leadership (Online)
PS6014 Intercultural Competence: Knowledge and Skills
*Programme Content may be subject to change
Applicants must normally have a first or second class Level 8 honours degree (NFQ or other internationally recognised equivalent) in a relevant or appropriate subject, or equivalent prior learning that is recognised by the University as meeting this requirement. Applicants must also satisfy the English Language Requirements of the University. The University reserves the right to shortlist and interview applicants as deemed necessary.
What to Upload with your Application
- A supporting statement of 300-500 words outlining why you wish to apply for a place on your chosen programme. Please specify whether you wish to apply for the Certificate (1 year) or Diploma (2-year) programme. Students who have successfully completed the Graduate Certificate (or are currently enrolled and anticipate successful completion in the current academic year) may apply for direct entry into Year 2 of the Diploma. If you fall into this category, please specify same as part of your supporting statement. Offer of a place in this instance will depend on successful completion of all certificate modules.
- A copy of your birth certificate or passport
- Qualification transcripts and/or certificates (including certified English translations if applicable)
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
- If this is not available, the following additional documents must be provided:
• English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
• English language competency certificate
For more information Click Here
Grad Cert in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion fees-Academic Year 2023/24 (1 Year- Part Time):
EU - €2,136
Non- EU - €3,956
Grad Diploma in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion fees-Academic Year 2023/24 (2 Years-Part time):
EU - €2,136 (per year)
Non- EU - €3,956 (per year)
For current students who are progressing from the Graduate Certificate in Equality Diversity and Inclusion (Year 1) to the Graduate Diploma in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (Year 2) or completing year 2 of the Graduate Diploma this coming academic year, please consult the fee schedule here for specific fees related to your cohort and the fees you should expect to pay for completion of year 2 of the programme in the academic year 2023/24.
Further information on fees and payment of fees is available from the Student Fees Office website. All fee related queries should be directed to the Student Fees Office (Phone: +353 61 213 007 or email email@example.com.)
The Graduate Certificate/Diploma in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion is designed for all who espouse the values of social inclusion and equality. It has particular resonance for those working in the private sector and for staff of community and voluntary organisations who seek to create inclusive and diverse workplaces. The programme allows these individuals to upskill in the areas of equality, diversity and inclusion.