Information on how to access the library's electronic resources from home or when you using a laptop/ mobile device on campus.
How to Log in / Sign in
You must have a valid UL computer account to access the library's electronic resources from home or while using a laptop or mobile device on campus.
When you select an electronic resource you will be prompted to login https://login.proxy.lib.ul.ie. Alternatively you can "Sign In" via the Library Search or "Login to e-resources " using the option at the top of the Library homepage.
- Students sign in with your ID number as your username, your password is the password you use to log onto a PC on campus
- Staff sign in with your firstname.lastname as your username
- PhD and Masters students / Postgraduate Researchers should use their student ID
If you do not have a valid computer account, please follow the instructions on how to set up a computer account, which are listed on the Information Technology Division (ITD) website.
- Once you have created a computer account, log onto a computer on campus to make sure your computer account works.
- Sometimes users experience problems with their password when trying to login to the library electronic resources off campus even though their password is working for other off campus access systems. We recommend in this case that users reset their password, you can do this on campus while logging on to a computer or off campus by following instructions on the ITD webpages, alternatively you can email the Information Technology Student Support email@example.com for assistance with changing your password. More information on passwords and security are available at https://www.ul.ie/itd/student-it-services/student-accounts-passwords-security
Yes, if the library subscribes to the content in question you should be able to view it from a Google Scholar search
- You will firstly need to set up University of Limerick Library as your institutional library in the settings in google scholar (Go to settings and then Library Links), add "University of Limerick View it @ UL Library"
- Once you have set up University of Limerick as your Library, you will then see the following text "View it @ UL Library" when you do a search, beside content the library subscribes to.
- Once you select this link you will be prompted to login https://login.proxy.lib.ul.ie
- Login with your valid UL computer account.
Alternatively, install a bookmarklet in your browser or a browser extension, details listed below.
To install the bookmarklet:
- Once you have added the bookmarklet, you can click on an article link and then click on the bookmarklet. You will then be prompted to log in with your UL username and password. Once we subscribe to the journal you will get access to the full text.
LibKey Nomad is a browser extension that the library subscribes to that automatically provides instant links to full text content for articles subscribed to by the Library (or open access alternatives) as you do research on the web and come across scholarly content of interest. The following libguide will provide you with information on how to download the extension and use it on your browser.
Use the Library Search to find e-books, in most cases you will be prompted to sign in with your UL credentials when you try to access the full text. However if you are not prompted, you will need to sign in using the "Sign In" option on the top right hand corner of the screen. We recommend that you always sign in before doing a search, as this way you will ensure that you can get access to subscribed electronic resources