The University of Limerick President’s Staff Excellence Awards apply to all academic, research and support staff across the campus community.
The purpose of these awards is to recognise the commitment, passion, and hard work of UL staff, providing an opportunity to publicly acknowledge and thank outstanding contributions to the University and the campus community.
Covid-19 continues to create unprecedented challenges and new ways of working for us all. I would especially welcome nominations to acknowledge colleagues whose work has served to pull our community together, overcome significant obstacles, and realise ambitious goals.
Please take this opportunity to nominate those colleagues whose work stands out to you.
Professor Kerstin Mey
Uachtarán / President
Oifig an Uachtaráin / Office of the President
The online nomination form is quick to complete. You can nominate more than one person if you so wish. Entries must be submitted by Monday 28 March 2022.
- Only an individual can be nominated. No team nominations will be accepted.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted
- Canvassing should not occur.
- The Awards Committee reserves the right not to make an award.
- Where a group wishes to nominate an individual, only one submission should be made.
- Where applicable, please identify a primary and a secondary category of award you would like this person to be considered for.
Complete the President's Staff Excellence Award
Please complete ALL sections, each of which is equally weighted in the adjudication process. The adjudication committee can only assess and score nominees on the basis of the material submitted in this form.
There are five categories open to entry in the President’s Staff Excellence Awards:
- Leadership. This award recognises those who inspire, and who work with teams (large or small), to build capacity in others and enable them to achieve their potential.
- Student Experience. Many of our staff make such a difference in the lives of students and this award is for those who positively influence the student experience.
- Exceptional Team Member. This award recognises the work of a colleague whose contribution to the goals of the team are outstanding.
- Continuous Improvement. This award recognises the work of faculty, research, or support staff who have significantly improved how things are done.
- Contribution to the Campus Community. This award is a broad category that allows for the recognition of work that enhances the experience of other members of the campus community in many different ways.
The Awards Committee has 9 members:
- Two members of the campus community, nominated by the President.
- Two academic nominees of the Provost.
- Two professional administrative / support staff, nominees of the Director, HR.
- Two nominees of the VPR.
- Non-voting chair – Marketing & Communications Director nominee
This Committee will identify a shortlist of nominees in each category for submission to the Executive Committee with the final decision to be made by the President, in consultation with Executive Committee.