BiographyDr. Sarah Kieran is Assistant Dean, Academy and Lecturer in the Department of Work and Employment Studies in the Kemmy Business School. She lectures in HRM and Strategic/Global HRM. Prior to joining UL she worked as a Management Consultant in Strategic and Organisational Development for a number of multinational organisations. This followed ten years in the Telecoms Sector where she held a number of leadership roles in Strategy, CRM and HRM. This experience has led to a wide range of research, consultancy and teaching interests covering areas such as strategy-as-practice, sensemaking and other discourse-related perspectives of strategy and strategic change. She is also interested in research in HR Analytics, the future of work, the HR Profession and other such areas which underpin HRM's contribution to organisational performance. She is founder of the KBS WorkFutures Lab and the recipient of a Horizon 2020 Rise award for research into the Digital Transformation of Work.
Research InterestsLeaders & Managers in MNCs
Digital Transformation of Work
- 2021 - Skillnet Ireland Seeking Safe Spaces: Graduate Experiences of Work in A Digital Era
- 2021 - Sustainable Leadership
- 2020 - Digital Transformation in a Post-Covid World of Work.
- 2020 - KBS Seed Funding
- 2020 - H202 Marie Curie Rise
- 2019 - ICBE HC Analytics Funding
- 2018 - Skillnet Future of Work Funding
- 2017 - Kemmy Business School Seed Funding
- 2011 - PhD Scholarship
- 2010 - Research Bursary
- 2021 Business in the Community,
- 2020 Our Lady of Lourdes Community Services Group,
- 2018 AMBA: Association of MBAs Accreditation,
- 2010 Irish Executives International Network, Management Team member of a not-for-profit, international, Irish network for a two period (2010-2012). Instrumental in developing the Irish Executives Annual Conference and Irish Executive Start-Up Awards.
- 2018 Greensource - Review, Recommendations and Leadership Team Planning of HRM Strategy.
- 2018 University of Limerick Kemmy Business School - Lecturer
- 2016 University of Limerick Kemmy Business School - Research Assistant
- 2011 Atlantic Way, Regional Development Network - CEO
- 2005 OMT Global - Senior Management Consultant
- 2002 Vodafone - Director/Head of Commercial Strategy and Operations
- 1999 Vodafone - Head of CRM
- 1996 Eircell - Head of Organisational Development and Resource Planning
- 2017 Academic Network, European Academy of Management
- 2012 Academic Network, Irish Academy of Management
- 2008 Member, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- 2016 University of Limerick - PhD
- 2015 University of Limerick - Graduate Diploma in Academic Practice
- 2010 University of Limerick - MSc (Honours)
- 1996 University of Limerick - Postgraduate Diploma
- 1993 University of Limerick - BA European Studies
- Set up in 1992, Our Lady of Lourdes CSG Ltd is committed to identifying and supporting the needs of people living in the local community, through the provision of people centred services which are open, accessible and professionally delivered. Over the past 25 years the company has grown from strength and currently has an annual turnover in excess of 1.5 million euro PA we are a registered company, fully tax compliant and have charitable status.
- www.hranalyticsireland.com Founded with Dr. Maria Belizon, UCD. HR Analytics Ireland is a community for knowledge-sharing and education. Our community is for people and companies just starting on their HR Analytics journey and those already involved: HR Analytics Leads, HR data analysts/Scientists, HR professionals, HR Data content creators and HR Data Analytics educators and vendors. This platform is the first HR Analytics forum of HR Analytics in Ireland where professionals can share their ideas, concerns and best practice.
- https://www.ul.ie/business/kbs-work-futures-lab The KBS Work Futures Lab is a place for business people who want to shape the workplace of the future. We understand the forces at play in globalisation, technology and the economy but believe such forces should not wholly determine how we lead organisations, manage people and design workplaces. We share insights, advance our knowledge, experiment with different work strategies and build business cases to capitalise on the opportunities these forces present. At the Work Futures Lab we break new ground in organisational leadership so that organisational success drives sustainable growth; supporting leaders, growing talent, creating new, valued work opportunities and positively impacting the world around us.